Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Moms behind Rare Dirndl

Today is Mother's Day and that means its time to take a break from blogging about construction and thank some very special people in my life. Starting with Grandma Kathi! 

The one who taught me how to sew, use patterns and listen. She was someone who always valued what I had to say even when I was young. She is the hardest working woman I have ever met. She lets nothing stop her from doing what she needs to do. Every time I go over there she always has sound advise and reminds me to stop worrying about the things I can't change and just do my best. (Even though she is doing plenty of worrying herself, but I think that is a mom thing). She is such an inspiration and I strive everyday to just be little bit more like Grandma Kathi. 

(Quick side note, because I'm sure people are wondering… we call our Grandma's Grandma and not Oma because when I was born, I still had great-grandma's and they were called Oma)

Grandma Kathi and I after teaching me how to starch underskirts
Next is Grandma Rosina, another fighter. She is more like a girlfriend than a grandma and is always willing to come over and help me prep for shows and sometimes just help me clean my mess of a studio. After loosing her best friend and husband in 2011 she could have fallen into depression, but she, like Grandma Kathi, is an amazing woman who has since found ways to cope with her loss and lucky me it involves coming over and folding fabric and keeping me organized. These past few weeks have been hard on me and now she's the one calling me to see how I'm doing! She's got a fabulous fashion sense and has taught me all about trends and taking fashion risks. Between the two of them, its no surprise I'm a designer.

Mom, Grandma Rosina, and I at Navy Pier's Neighborhoods of the World Event in April 2012
Last but not least is the mom that everyone wishes they had... my Mom! She knows me better than I know myself and has always supported me. She is the most selfless person I've ever met and I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for her. She works full time, (always has) is a full time mom and is full time awesome! I could talk forever about how jealous you should be that she's my mom and not yours, but I'll keep it short and sweet. With her help, I've been able to take my dreams and make them a reality. She is my biggest fan and I'm hers. If I can be half the mom she is then I'll be a happy woman.
My Mom and I at the German Beer Fest in Atlanta last summer. 

 Happy Mother's Day - I love you Mom(s)!



Ever wonder what dirndl style you are? Click the link to take our dirndl quiz and find out! - http://bit.ly/1asbbmA



Ever wonder what dirndl style you are? 
Take our dirndl quiz and find out! Simply type in your email here  

No comments:

Post a Comment