Monday, March 8, 2010

The Photo Shoot

I had the photo shoot planned to the minute. Hair stylist arrives at 8am to start setting up, Makeup artist arrives at 8:30 as well as the 1st model. While the 1st model finishes with hair the 2nd model arrives at 9 and goes into hair while the 1st gets her makeup done. The 3rd model arrives at 9:30 to start hair while the 1st model starts shooting for the blouses and at 10:45 we all leave for Friendship Park Conservatory to meet the Photographer..... well that didn't happen.

Due to circumstances outside of my control, Nikki Bappert (hair dresser extraordinar) and Kat Rally (up and coming makeup artist) arrived on time, but no model. At 8:45 the 2nd model arrived early and so Nikki got started on her. I called the 1st model who accidentally overslept and we decided to schedule another time for her to come over and model for the shots of just the blouses. At about 9:45, Kat started her makeup and at 10:30... with only one model (the 3rd being a no show), we loaded up the car to leave for the conservatory. I was very proud of myself for keeping my composure the whole time, when everything seemed to be going wrong. I kept hearing my mother in the back of my head saying "no use getting upset over something you can't change". I just wanted to get the conservatory and get started... the sooner we start, hopefully, Maggie (2nd model) could get through all of the garments. Vanessa Buholzer, the photographer met us there right on time and so it was time to begin. The staff member at the conservatory was super nice and let us use one of their small banquet halls to do the dressing. This worked out so great. We had room to change, touch up the hair and makeup as well and a place to sit and relax (but there was none of that).

Once Vanessa was all set up we began shooting. The shots looked great! Just what i wanted, a darker, eerie background with the model and the garment looking fabulous. I was so excited. By 2:30 we were finished with all the garments and headed home. Although we were on location longer than i had hoped, for only having 1 model for 11 garments in a short time period, we did great. I'm so proud of my whole team and I can't wait to see all the shots and get them up onto the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment