Monday, December 22, 2014

The Ultimate Gift - Presence

So this morning my sister (a yoga instructor and manager of the Core Power Yoga Studio in Arlington Heights) posted this video to Facebook. I watched it after just coming home from yet another run to Target and the post office. After watching the video and really taking time to think, of all the things I've been making and all the cool German inspired products I've been promoting, this is the greatest gift.


I'm sure all of us have spent the past month running around and buying gifts, checking things off the to-do list, making cookies, preparing meals etc… but that whole time (if your anything like me) you've had your phone at your side and kept on working and "socializing".

It is no secret, I'm in the business of not only creating products and items that people like and would enjoy, but in order to make a living… I have to sell them. So, my month has been filled with  trying to meet sales goals, buying more fabric and trim to meet demand, late nights sewing, early mornings Instagraming, filling orders and waiting patiently in line at the post office. It's been a super busy month and I truly appreciate all my customers who made this month so busy, but now with Christmas only days away, I am going to stop. Stop worrying about sewing more gloves, stop feeling sad that I didn't reach all my goals, stop running around like a crazy person, and just decide to be present.

This is a holiday, whether you are religious or not, that at the end of the day... is about celebrating love with family and friends. Giving gifts is a way to show others that we care and love them, but those will mean nothing to them if when they open it, you're staring down at your cell phone, texting or checking Facebook. Starting Christmas Eve, I'm going to turn off social media, turn off the e-mail and just be present in the moment and cherish the time with my family and friends. It's more important to give presence than to give presents! So join me in turning off the distractions and tuning in to the spirit of Christmas.

Merry Christmas, Frohe Weihnachten, Happy Holidays and everything in between from our Rare Dirndl family to yours!

Check out the original #givepresence blog article by clicking here







Ever wonder what dirndl style you are? 
Take our dirndl quiz and find out! Simply type in your email here  


1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas sweetie! Enjoy the holiday and your time off and I will too!

    ReplyDelete