Thursday, July 24, 2014

3 MORE German Fest Secrets Revealed!


German Fest Milwaukee starts tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited! My mom and I are heading up there later today to start setting up and so I'll be brief since I should go start packing the car soon!

I've been going to German Fest for a long time, however every year, I talk to some of my good friends from Milwaukee and I learn of MORE little secrets, events, and things to see at German Fest that I didn't know about! This year I chatted with my friend Kevin who is not only a long-time German Fest goer, but also works as security all weekend (I wave as be flies by on his official golf cart) Anyway… he has 3 musts that you might not have known about.






#1- Sprecher's German Fest Bier! - Kevin said it is a must try! "It's a special brewed batch only available at German Fest!" How awesome is that?! Along with so many other German and local Milwaukee beers, they have a German Fest Beer... I will be trying this FO SHO!









#2- The Glockenspiel - Accodring to Kevin… "Don't miss the Glockenspiel!" Every year they have a live Glockenspiel performance. Last year the Glockenspiel was performed at 4, 6 and 8 p.m. Friday; 2, 6 and 8 p.m. Saturday; and 2, 4 and 6 p.m. Sunday… I'm not sure of the times this year, but I'm sure there is an event schedule there that you can check out.






#3- CHIKERIA!! - When I asked Kevin if there was anything else that was a must see he said "CHIKERIA of course!" Every other year, Milwaukee welcomes CHIKERIA and this party band has performed for more than 25 years for communities, festivals, and celebrations all over Europe and North America. I'm so excited to listen to the them play original songs, classic fan favorites, upbeat Volksmusik and new cover songs that are sure to keep us dancing all night long in our booth!
AND… Sonja, one of the singers from CHIKERIA, will be performing in a Rare Dirndl!

Her custom Rare Dirndl is silver, black and hot pink and is sure to be a hit on stage! I can't wait to see it outside of my studio and on stage!











Last year we asked another German Fest regular, Erika what her top 3 German Fest Must Sees were and if you didn't get a chance to see her's Click Here!



Also I have one to add… You should come visit me!!! The Rare Dirndl pop-up Boutique will be set up on the Southeast corner of the Marktplatz and we will have free give-away bags full of fun goodies, all the new Spring/Summer 2014 Dirndls and the Limited Edition "Weltmeister" Dirndl that is on Sale this weekend only for $199!

So quick recap… just come to German Fest and have a great time!!! See you there!










Ever wonder what dirndl style you are? 
Take our dirndl quiz and find out! Simply type in your email here  

No comments:

Post a Comment