Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Rare Dirndl Customer Spotlight: Jenny Boone

Jenny Boone - Brownsburg, IN 




One of the first things I learned about my boyfriend Jim was that he had a “huge group of dancing German friends.” While he expected me to be a little scared of that, I wasn’t and actually, having a German heritage myself, I was pretty intrigued. About a year after we began dating, we finally went to a German event together… Labor Day event (the Donauschwaben Landestreffen) in Canada.


I remember asking him what I should plan to wear since I would not be dressed in the “proper” attire, but didn’t want to stick out too obviously. He grinned and teased that he could always get me a dirndl. While I wasn’t so into that idea at first, but then Jim took me over to the Rare Dirndl pop-up shop at the event and asked me to just look through racks. So many colors and patterns to choose from, but I found one that was definitely a potential: the Cheshire Cat dirndl, my favorite colors and long enough for my taste. I felt so awkward putting that dirndl on for the first time that I strongly considered giving up on the idea, but man, the smile on Jim’s face after seeing me in the Rare Dirndl for the first time: priceless. All those awkward feelings were put to rest with that smile. He did confess that he always found dirndls awfully sexy and this one on me took the cake!

Now, I can’t wait for the next German event to wear one of my (now) two Rare dirndls and see that smile that I love so much. If only Labor Day weekends and Oktoberfests happened a few extra times in the year!! I find myself peeking at the Rare Dirndl website while I’m at work for new things to add to my Rare dirndl wardrobe. I love going to events and getting the chance to look through the racks and see all the possibilities for mixing and matching blouses, aprons, and skirts in person. My second Rare Dirndl, the In Bloom dirndl, is a stroke of genius because the possibilities are endless and that’s right up my alley. My favorite aspect of the designs is all the little details and I’m on a bit of a mission to collect different pieces with all those details!!


 


Ever wonder what dirndl style you are? 
Take our dirndl quiz and find out! Simply type in your email here  

No comments:

Post a Comment