Tuesday, November 5, 2013

*Video* Designer to Baker? Let's See!

Sunday is the 2nd annual International Market and Wine Tasting and its the perfect time to get a jump start on your Holiday shopping and support small and local businesses! Vendors include Pampered Chef * Baubles & bags * Rare Dirndln * Thirty One Gifts* Homemade German Christmas Cookies * Tastefully Simple * Handmade Jewelry and 10+ more!

I volunteered to make some cookies for the event, however I'm not a very good baker nor do I know any German cookie recipes. So I contacted my good friend from mybestgermanrecipes.com and she told me about a great Hazelnut Macaroon recipe from her Christmas Cookie Cookbook. Check out this video to see how I did with sugar and eggs instead of fabric and thread!


For my first attempt making a christmas cookie, it wasn't too bad, but I didn't whip the eggs enough… they needed to be more firm. The best way is to use a hand mixer, but I don't have one. That way the batter will be thicker and then when you place them on the pan, they will turn out much better. I also baked them too long, so make sure you keep an eye on them after that 10min mark.

I had such a fun time baking and hopefully I will slowly but surely get better at the craft and be able to try more of the cookies from the cookbook! The Christmas Cookie Cookbook is only $4.99 and you'll be able to download it and try the recipes instantly! Just in time for the holidays!!!


Ever wonder what dirndl style you are? 
Take our dirndl quiz and find out! Simply type in your email here  

No comments:

Post a Comment