Friday, May 31, 2013

Sample Sale Explained!

Tomorrow is the first day of the Maifest Sample Sale and I've already had a few questions that keep popping up. So lets answer them!

Q: "Can I buy the samples online? / Will the Sale be online as well?"
A: Unfortunately the samples will not be available online and here is why...

Q: "What is a sample?"
A: A sample is the first dirndl style made for a collection. When I designed S/S 2013 I made 8 new pieces. Those pieces are the samples. They are used as guides during production, for photo shoots, fashion shows, advertising, promotional events and window displays. I typically make a size 4, but I have some samples that are a 6 and 12.

My sister and I wearing some samples to promote the F/W 2012 Collection at the AAS Schlachtfest
I can't sell them at their reduced price online for a few reasons.
       1) Some of the samples have some wear-and-tear to them. I don't want you to buy it online and then not be happy with certain aspects of the dirndl that are imperfect.
       2) Some of the samples have been altered to fit models. For promotional events when I have models wear the dirndls, sometimes the samples need to be taken in or out in order to fit them.
       3) A lot of the samples are dirndls that are discontinued. The dirndls are not even on the website at the moment because they are discontinued and no longer available.

I Love Lucy Sample Dirndl being worn during a fashion show
Q: "I don't live in Chicago, does that mean I can't take advantage of the sale? I really wanted a dirndl"
A: There will be an online promotion announced later today, but if you are a size 4-8 and you are interested in a sample dirndl, shoot me an e-mail (erika@erikaneumayer.com) or give me a call (312-806-5099) And you can order one of them over the phone. This way I can talk to you about the specific details of the sample, the wear-and-tear, any spots, sun damage, fit issues, etc.

Still have questions? Shoot me an email or give me a ring-a-ling! I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Happy Maifesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment