Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Claustrophobic

Last week and at the beginning of this week... I was having a hard time looking on the bright side. I was second guessing myself right and left, feeling like my heart was racing at all times, and unable to focus. I felt like the world was closing in on me. Uh... it was! I was loosing myself and all my stuff in my stuff! My studio space (my parents dining room and living room, but its fancier and more professional to say studio) was a clutter explosion of papers, fabric, lace, everything! I was lost in my own house.

My dad was going out with the boys on tuesday night, so I asked my mom if she would help me clean up and re-organize my studio/life. I knew that I needed more drawers, bigger containers and a filing system, but I didn't know where to start. I had a drawer for lace, trim, ribbon and hardware for my collections, but it was over flowing and most of the lace couldn't fit, so it just lid out on the table. The whole point of having a big table is to cut on it, but I was using the living room floor as a cutting table because my table was out of control!

I can't thank my mom enough for helping me. With only what I use on a daily basis upstairs in the work space, the table cleared, and all my supplies and papers organized, I feel so much better. I feel in control again, and if you know me, you know how much i love controlling things!

Thank you mom! I promise to try my hardest to keep it this way!



Ever wonder what dirndl style you are? 
Take our dirndl quiz and find out! Simply type in your email here  

No comments:

Post a Comment