Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Christmas


"So this is Christmas, and what have you done? Another year over, and a new one just begun."

as these words by John Lennon come from my ipod dock in my parents dining room this past week, I began thinking... what have I done this year? Looking back... I've been a busy girl!




At this time last year, I was sketching out and planning the start of my business. Now I'm sewing up my 4th collection and looking for subcontractors. I've sewn well over 50 dirndls this year and had over 65 customers! I'm so excited to see where this new year will take Rare.


This time of year is also a time to be with family and friends and so I am going to take this opportunity to thank the people that have made this year a success.

Vanessa Buholzer, Maggie Zawislak, Katherine Rally, Nikki Bappert, Aimee Duddles and Balance Healing Center, Shanti Yoga, Grandma Rosina and Grandma Kathi, Jamie Mazur, Monika Neumayer, Christian Ehrat, all my customers and most importantly: my parents.

My dad has never doubted me... when I have good news, he is the first to pop open a bottle of champagne to toast to my success. He would wear his Rare t-shirt everywhere if he could. So Dad... I would not be where I am today without you. I know sometimes I may not be the best at showing it, but I love you with all my heart and really appreciate everything you have done for me

My mom is my rock. She is the one that cheers me up when I don't think I can continue. She has been with me through this ride of ups and downs and has helped me make some big decisions. Mom... I love you and I'll continue to make you dirndls as long as you'll wear them and talk me up like you always do.


"so this is Christmas, I hope you had fun. The near and the dear ones, the old and the young. A very Merry Christmas and a happy new year. Lets hope its a good one, without any fear"

No comments:

Post a Comment