Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pink Photo Shoot


A few weeks ago, I sent a message to my favorite photographer, model, hair stylist, and makeup artist, and asked them if they would be willing to do an impromptu photo shoot. I had designed a 4 piece mini collection in honor of my good friend from Milwaukee who recently lost her battle with breast cancer, Katie Buchert, and wanted to photograph them so I could put them on the website before the new year. This collection inspired by the color pink and Katie's unbelievable strength, was one that was near to my heart, yet not in the budget... but I knew I would make it work! (thanks Tim Gunn!!)

I had two pieces finished and was hoping we could do the shoot the first week in December... however finding a date that worked for everyone was proving to be quite difficult. After going back and forth for a week, it was decided that the only good date for everyone was Saturday, the 13th. I immediately went to work finishing the other pieces and working with Jana Seibt, from Jana Inspired Jewelry, on earrings, charms, and other jewelry for the shoot.


Before I knew it, the week was over and we were ready to shoot. My cousin, Aimee Duddles and her friend Anna Potts graciously allowed me to use the Shanti Yoga Studio and the Balance Healing Center for the shoot.

After meeting at my house for hair and makeup we all headed over to the site to start shooting. It worked out great! We met Vanessa there who was taking some photos of the Balance Healing Center's beautiful treatment rooms, and we began shooting asap... since we only had an hour and a half before the candlelight yoga began.

All those involved in the shoot were very inspired by Katie and her strength and were generous enough to do all the work free of charge. This would not have been possible without everyone who helped out and I am truly grateful. Thank you!


Photographer: Vanessa Buholzer of ControlV Photography
Jewelry: Jana Inspired Jewelry
Site: Balance Healing Center and Shanti Yoga Studio
Hair: Nikki Bappert
Makeup: Katherine Rally
Model: Maggie Zawislak

No comments:

Post a Comment