Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Because these issues need to be addressed.



Lots of things happened today! I was working on dirndls today... like most days, but i got a very disturbing phone call from my friend, the great matthias wissmann, who told me the terrible news, dustin Byfuglien was traded by the blackhawks to the atlanta thrashers. What do they have in Hotlanta that we aint got here?!?! apparently, money, but i don't think he understands that i don't live in atlanta... whatever his loss, but he is probably more mad at the blackhawks for giving him up before we could be together. ah well, i'll still wear #33 loud and proud!


Next order of business, i learned this evening while out to dinner with my sister, Monika, that she likes it when i mention her in my blog, so this one is for you Monika. The best lil sis in the whole wide world! Ah! Mi Nave Espacial!

Monika and I at our cousin, Aimee's wedding.


Speaking of wedding! Lets take a look at the headpieces i made for the event! Aimee's Headband is a satin covered 1" headband with feather detail on the side along with a handmade flower from the extra fabric for her lacing and beads from the removable straps. French netting extends from the front of the headband showing off her beautiful happy bride face!

Also for the event, I made my Aunt Heidi's jacket (pictured with Aimee)


And last but certainly not least... MINE! Nothing like something subtle to match my little dress! I made this feather and french netting headpiece with blue silk center and a little seahorse to bring it all together.



So, while i'm just blabbing on... (this has nothing to do with dirndls by the way) i feel it necessary to talk a little about the great movie that i just saw... Toy Story 3. #1- it was so funny, and i might go as far as to say it was better than the 1st two #2- It reminded me of when i was little. #3- it bring me back to my thought... "what if my toys came to life?"
They might be a tad jealous of my giant shoe rack, my Barbie (circa 1989) is probably salty because she is currently topless, i don't know how my collectable dolls get in and out of the glass case, and bunny would probably be their leader. Bunny is a special toy. He has been with me since my Grandma Rosina gave her to me on easter when i was 6. He has traveled everywhere with me! Johnny Becker so kindly pointed out to me that he thinks that bunny is creepy and he doesn't like her, but I'm not ashamed to say that i sleep with him every night. Your probably wondering why she/he keeps switching genders, well its always been like that, sometimes he is a he and sometime she's a she... i don't know, so i'm wondering what her voice would be like? Ellen Degeneres maybe... Neil Patrick Harris? Who knows. Thats all thats on my mind... thought i'd share my insanity with you all!

Me and my Bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment